So my biggest stress for the wedding right now is the ceremony location. I still don’t have a contract. Yes, less than 3 months to go. And I have to send the invites soon. Heck, I need to MAKE the invites soon. I sent an email to the new coordinator tonight to find out when I should expect something. I still need to iron out details with her too. She was brand spanking new when I first contacted her a couple months ago that she had no answers for me. Hopefully she’ll have some answers for me this time. I know, this still sounds like stress..where’s the sigh of relief? Well, stumbling around the school website (having it at a local college), I found the master calendar for campus events and I see my wedding listed! Hurray!!!!! I need to change the time slightly but that’s a big load off my mind.
Other wedding related items…
- Got my second veil from ebay. Think this will be the one. It’s cathedral length in silk chiffon. LOVE it. Just what I imagined when I saw the brief scene with the veil that Keira Knightly wore in the last Pirates movie. (Yes, I get my wedding ideas from the weirdest places) The first one was a bit too short. Anyone need a veil?
- Making lots and lots of headway on the favor boxes. Just ask my co-workers that see me work on it every lunch!
- Finally gonna get around to taking our engagement photos in two weeks
- Setting up my second hair and make up trial for next month
- Going jewelry shopping with my mom this weekend for the things she will be gifting to me during the tea ceremony.
- Also heading out to Paper Source in Old Town Pasadena this weekend to grab a few things and also scope out restaurants for the rehearsal dinner
- Started to cut the large flat sheets of paper down for the invites
- My mom’s jacket and skirt arrived from Alfred Angelos and I’ll be picking up my niece’s flower girl dress this weekend! Bridesmaid dresses should be in early February!
- Jason’s found some potential tux ideas for the fellas
As for the rest of my life…my car is still not done yet. I’ve been in this rental for a month now!!!! My rental coverage ran out today, so I will be footing the rest of the rental bill on my own so I really hope it will be ready soon. At the very least, I’ll be changing cars tomorrow. I cannot stand another day in that Aveo or having to deal with Avis. Switching over to Enterprise and getting an “intermediate” size car for the same price!!
Santa was also really good to me this year. Highlights are my portable speakers for my ipod nano, a home docking station for my Sirius, a book on corsetry, and the bestest present ever from my best bud and maid of honor…this really awesome antique looking perfume bottles set. I’ll have to post a picture when I can get around to it. It reminds me of something that Inara from Firefly would have lying around and I’m trying to think how I can sneak it in the background somewhere on the wedding day. Hehehe.